Interstate Resources has published a series of PDF files about the U.S. corrugated manufacturing group's sustainability efforts. Download this story at:
Established in 1939, Interstate Resources operates by the founder’s simple motto: “What is good for the community is good for the company.” Whether it’s customer service, product innovation or investments in green energy, Interstate Resources continues to excel.Today, Interstate Resources has ten businesses on the east coast, and continues to add acquisitions in four highly competitive industry divisions: paper, container, timber/ lumber and biomass energy.
Operational Highlights Include:
• $10.9 million investment for manufacturing improvements and a 650-acre multiple-lagoon system for cleaner, recyclable wastewater in Riceboro, Georgia
• New biomass energy division established in Reading, Pennsylvania diverting 60 truckloads daily from landfills to the Evergreen Community Power facility
• A 78% reduction of fossil fuels since 2003
• Saving 6,000 acres of trees a year at the Reading, Pennsylvania location
• Custom solutions to help reduce customer carbon footprints, e.g., supply chain reduction for consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies
• Recyclable wax replacement packaging, with proven moist condition tolerance
• Meeting or exceeding American Lumber Standards in Riceboro, Georgia
• ISO 9001:2008
• Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI)
• American Forest & Paper Assn. (AF&PA)
• Association of Independent Corrugated Converters (AICC)
• Berks County Chamber of Commerce
• Chesapeake Bay Foundation
• Delmarva Poultry Industry
• Fibre Box Association (FBA)
• Forest Landowner Association
• Forest Resource Association
• Georgia Forestry Association
• New Jersey Business and Industry Assn.
• North Carolina Poultry Federation
• Produce Marketing Association
• Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry (TAPPI)
• The Corr (Global Green)
• Wood Supply Research Institute
Interstate Resources will continue to add new products, enter new markets and acquire new operations. With a steady hand, innovative products and vision, Interstate Resources is positioned well for the future.
Interstate Resources, Inc. is a member of INDEVCO Group.